Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 AM
jdhudall
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bobby82490
Not to be rude..... but, if the sensor fixes it, then how would you benefit from spending ALOT of time removing the oil pan, motor mounts, etc? Unless you are absolutely positive you have a nasty sludge problem or similar, then it would probably be a wasted effort.

Just a suggestion.
Well I really don't think it is the sending unit because every time my oil pressure gauge reads 0 it knocks like it is about to through a rod and if there is no oil getting to the engine it's going to knock! My truck has never had a tick or knock ever even when it was -20 below so this leads me to belive their is a bigger problem than the sending unit!
No one here has told me how a sending unit can work perfect 9 months out of the year and only act up during the winter months then work fine again all spring,summer,and fall? If something is bad it would be bad all the time! If your alernator is bad it is not going to work every other day it will just die and not work at all! I don't want to do more work than I have too but
the sending unit will not cause my truck to knock, tick or otherwise the only thing it does is send a signal to the gauge. As I said when ever the gauge reads no oil pressure and the little red light is on it ticks and knocks which would tell me that the gauge is working just fine! I will replace it since it is cheap and easy just to see if it stays working!