View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
pud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quarentined at work last night!

oh yeah, so i went to work last night for 3:30pm expecting to work a typical 10hour shift untill 1:30am. Well I get to work and they have discovered and un-packaged white powdery substance of an unknown nature spilling out of a box recieved in our shipping area.

Well as things progressed they called hazmat, noone was allowed to leave and noone was allowed in. There were a few fire trucks, ambulance and some RCMP there blocking the area off (whole building). We were sitting around the shop untill midnight...most of the people (about 70) had been there from about 6:30am. Sitting around the shop awaiting to find out our fate lol.
The 6 people that cam into direct contact with it were showered and suited up and put in isolation.
There is a machine with over 200,000 flammable/toxic/lethal chemical makeups programmed into it...it was in edmonton so we had to wait for it to show up in Grande Prairie. There were people all suited up with SCBA's and airtight suits pokin through this powder....like straight up out of a movie.

What a night I had anyway, im still trying to wrap my head around it.
The powder ended up being non-toxic and non-flammable..with some big fancy name. Its basically used like you use flour or corn starch to thicken gravy, but its not food grade. They gave us an example, its used in toothpaste to thicken it.