Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 AM
benshere
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
paint wear

I just looked at my 07 Expy EL. Bought at 15.5K now 16K---garage queen. My wheel cover looks smoother, dosnt have the "grain" look, like your pic. Dont see any evidence of tan color wearing off. Until I break the old habit of going to the radio controls I shouldnt get much wear at the wheel. Your pic may be a good incentive not to! In fact, after a quick look-around, I dont see any noticable wear spots.

Got a slight gouge in the paint down on the jam floor, but I bought a $10.00 FoMoCo touch up bottle which will prob not match

I was just prowling around this AM and opened the fuel pump reset button at the L. rear door jam. Please tell me that I didnt see a fuel pump w/a feed line attached that, no doubt, goes all the way to the engine . Maybe the line is under the carriage, not in the pass compartment. After all the safety stuff (air bags, antilock etc.) now we go backwards to fuel in the passenger compartment-----one word if thats so-----STOOPID!! On top of that brilliance, its right at the very rear, which would most certainly get busted in a rear ender. I know the fuel pump is supposed to stop on an impact, but what about the fuel in the line there? Guess I am on a rant about that, but thats scary to me.