View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 03:08 PM
John_deere_kid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rebuild of Project Flareside

So in case you haven't heard i totaled my truck the other day on my way to school.

"Got caught in a sudden snow storm, and i sam a line of cars ahead of me start sliding all over the place (we were going down hill) so i just barely tapped the brakes (truck driver behind me verified that) and it kicked the rear end to the passenger side (which was a hill going up from the road) then i was backwards going down the road but on the hilll if you understand what i'm saying, then i rolled it onto the roof into the road. We're gonna go get it in a little bit and bring it home and start rebuilding. I'm fine, just sore....."

we ended up not bring it home last night unfortunately, but it will be home in the next day or so. The cab and the bed are bad, the front end is fine. So i got some questions. Do I have to pull the front end apart to pull the cab off? I'm looking for some advice on how to do this. We just had the bed off of it to replace the inside panels, and now the fiberglass fenders are junk, so i'm stuck with a regular shortbed for now. But we never pulled the cab or the front end off. Any ideas, suggestions, comments are welcome.