View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 06:59 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I think you are on the right track now. Since you have some experience with gear set up, you should have no problem with the "used" gears. These are actually easier to set up since you already have a pattern on the gears themselves.
I always liked setting up some of my used gears sets, and you might get lucky and find that it does not require too many shims to get close.
Yes you can find the 1/2 ton inverted "T" steering and throw it right on your ride. This is simple, and convenient.
What else? That is about it.
Oh yeah, wedges. Two places carry them James Duff Bronco Suspension parts - Long Travel Suspension, Monster kits, shocks, coil springs, leaf springs, radius arms by James Duff
And JBG, for the record, the JBG and Duff's wedges fit for the radius of the 3-1/8" diameter D60 tube(1-9/16" radius). Its the overall legnth that is the problem. They are 5/8" too long if used with the stock radius arms and bushings. The radius of the wedges needs to be ground or machined out to make them shorter, but they do fit the tube just fine. If you use a spacer to spread the radius arm and cap(to avoid machining the wedges), you will need to modify the bolt holes in the lower spring cup to match. The only reason I mention this is if someone were to read this and think the fit on the tube contour was the only problem, they would be very disappointed to weld them on and find out the arms would not close up around them w/o a spacer. Since you have a D44 you can minimize some work, just be sure to measure more than once before you commit, and start glueing things together.