View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 05:30 PM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my sister goes to Westmont College and was evacuated when teh fire reached the campus, one dorm burnt down, not hers, and 14 buildings on campus burnt to the ground, most of them were faculty housing which was on campus. the students were evacuated and spent 13 hours in a shelter-in-place shelter unit which was their gym. however early friday morning both the power and water were comprimised and stopped working, they were telling students they were going to have to stay in the gym all weekend, so i drove up there went through a road block (it was just a few barriers, not manned by anyone, it was on the main road to the campus) and got her and two of her friends out...sometimes the officers make dumb decisions like not wanting to let the students out of a dangerous area. i went past the road block and when i was leaving with the girls an officer tried to stop me i told him i was getting my sisters and leaving he could arrest me if he wanted but im only getting people out of the area that is in trouble, he said i could leave.