Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 PM
mrsdbro
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Brian , there is a way resetting your oem 6cd player. I purchased a 6cd in dash out of a 07 ford 500 and a shaker 500 out of a 05 stang . when i plug them in i get various errors, no cd error ,not able to read cd and so on. i found on a ford focus site a way of resetting the DTC codes on these units. you turn on the unit and put it on am or fm any station, to enter into a speaker walk-around test simultaneously press and hold the preset buttons #3 & #6 for 3 secs, while the unit is doing its test press the preset #2 button to view / clear DTCs, if display says dtcs found press tune> to view them to clear the dtcs found press the eject button, dtcs clear will be displayed. some error codes are
B1317- battery voltage high- check charging system
B1318- battery voltage low - check charging system
B1342- ECU Faulted- Clear DTCS, carry out self test. preset #1 while in speaker test mode, audio internal/ external SELF TEST. this test is an on demand self test. if SELF FAIL is displayed, press tune> to scroll thru the dtcs stored, clear thru button #2 again if system is ok SELF PASS will be displayed
I hope this is helpful to you
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=70878 try this link for full article