View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 08:59 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
banks V10 power pack

LOL- I wonder if Mike T. was/is basing his information off of the information I gave him. Right after I installed the Powerpack on my (former) truck, I called him up to see about a <a href="http://www.motorhaven.com/">Superchip</a>- sorry Ken. He said he hadn't done one before, so he thought I should try the standard program. When I told him that my pipe was already turning white (indicates lean condition), he then said we should go with a custom program.

As an FYI, I didn't buy the chip. One of the important things I wanted was speedo correction and they couldn't do it for my V10's ECU code.

Anyway, it was a month or so later that the pipe started to "darken" again. Which, to me, indicates that the ECU was learning to richen the fuel mix on it's own. Because of this, I think it may be possible to run the standard chip program. However, I would definitely keep an eye on things to make sure the truck doesn't start running too lean.

On the issue of premium fuel...
Don't know what to say other than the truck towed noticeably better, ran stronger empty and even got slightly better MPG on premium fuel. Is there a knock sensor on the V10?