View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
edzakory
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just received a complete set of glass for my ’56 from Classic Truck Glass; i.e., big back window, vents, sides, and windshield. I ordered the double dark (14% light transmission) even though it was not listed on their site (called their 800 number). Only the windshield is not dark tinted (state law) but has a dark transition band. Elsewhere, the windshield is light green tint.
<o></o>
Check out their web site. They sell other tints than clear or light green for your ’59 as well as for many older trucks. Prices and shipping are very reasonable and they have very fast delivery.
<o></o>
As to tint or clear glass, I believe that is a personal choice. The light green tint is barely visible. I ordered the dark tint because of the AZ heat and for privacy. Smoke, I believe, has a 44% light transmission. Tinted glass is better than film tint as it will not scratch, fade, or peel over time. Check your state laws regarding tint (available on-line) since there are restrictions for its use, especially the windshield and driver glass.