View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Those are aftermarket conversions designed to see what options consumers like, they aren't trim level concepts. For instance, the Dewalt truck uses a Roush drive train.

The many trim levels have sold well for years. Given that the F150 can sell 4-5 times more units than another vehicle model, its not really unexpected that the market couldn't support at least 2-3 times more trim levels. Its a huge market.

I'm just fine with having an Roush F150 model... nothing like a truck that can clean a Mustang's clock with ease.

As to lame... frankly the majority of vehicles (cars, trucks, etc.) done up for these shows are lame. Often eveything is thrown at them, rather than having a tasteful package. Sometimes less is more. Instead of a mall crawler make a rock crawler. Instead of an explosion of 5 billion colors, come up with a nice paint job that doesn't require batteries to power. Instead of slapping every body part available from every body kit and making something look like an urban nightmare, pick and choose a few tasteful additions. Just because you can slap 250 parts on a vehicle or stuff 60 speakers in it doesn't mean you should. Obviously I'm making gross over-generalizations, but you get the idea... SEMA isn't about showing items to the customer. Its for showing your parts off to retailers, wholesalers, etc. that may buy them, so often its all about craming as much crap onto it as possible and attention getting paint. Not saying all of these F150s are lame... but I'm not saying they aren't either.