Thread: AK October Chat
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey to anyone on the inside that comes this way. I was a visitor to your fine state last spring and thought it was absolutely beautiful as there were so many different things to see and do. I celebrated turning 50 while there and could not have thought of a better way to do this.

I mostly enjoyed the fact that Alaska is a lot like Wyoming several years back before every one came here to establish 35 acre ranchettes and have their little patch of heaven plus a horse.

I don’t really mind the intrusion so much as I do enjoy people however the realtors here went a bit over board when housing was on the upswing with last but not least “Country living with city conveniences “which if loosely translated meant that you could have a beautiful country home on the back set of a towering blue mountain back drop that would just make you break out in a song and not a discouraging word to be heard.

The down side was and is the location is 60 miles from any well established roads yet in the dead of winter when the snow was up to the rear end of a tall person these people would call county maintenance and expect, no demand that the road be plowed out so that they may be able go in to town to have dinner, some cocktails, and bowling. After this little night on the town that may even occur during a raging yet another snow storm they then expected the maintainer to get them back to their big spread all 35 acres of it.

Yep I’ am rambling just a little but did not come here air on your BS site just add a post and mostly let you know that I will never forget my 50th birthday thanks to your beautiful state and the fine people I got to meet and know while there.