View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 10:22 PM
PigFarmer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do I adjust roller rockers?

Everyone has a preference for doing this. Unless the cam has some HUGE duration then this is the way I do it.

First bring #1 cylinder to TDC. At this point you can adjust both valves on #1. Back the rocker nut off until the pushrod twirls between your fingers easily. Then begin to slowly tighten the nut while spinning the pushrod at the same time. As soon as you feel resistance of the pushrod to spinning then you are at zero lash. You kinda develop a feeling for this and it is OK to try this several times to get it right. Once you are confidant that you are at zero lash then I tighten the nut about 3/8 of a turn more. At that point I tighten the hex locker tight and then give the whole assembly a final 1/8 turn to insure it is locked. This way I end up with about 1/2 turn preload. Next, using the damper bolt, turn your crank 90 degrees. At this point you can adjust both valves on the cylinder next in the firing order. Then turn the crank another 90 degrees and adjust the next cylinder and so forth and so forth. When you do the final cylinder turn the crank the final 90 deg and if you did it right you will end up on TDC #1 again.

Randy