Thread: Pinks all out!!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford
The dominator should help a ton, if you can get it tuned right. My recommendation would be ($450 or so) pull the engine out when you get the new carb and take the engine and carb to Brett at RED up north in colorado. Have him run and tune the engine on his engine dyno.

Damn a sponsorship would be nice...Maybe ill try to see what i can find this winter, a few trophies and one for sure top 10 finish and another top 10 finish possible for the year might help some... id hope.

The 73 is going to be getting a 460 that a friend had built a few years ago.... It should run decent. I figure my truck is done racing until i can do some engine work... Last race i ran a time trial against a friend and after she came up to me and said "i knew it, your truck does shoot flames from the exhaust when you let off at the traps" So i think i need to look into that some, but i want a video of it first hahaha

I honestly do not understand how people blow up engines with anything less than 150 shots of nitrous... it just baffles me. usually if someone damages an engine by using nitrous its because they dont really care if it blows up, or they dont know what they are doing, or they got too greedy or in too big of a hurry tuning for it.

Check this thing out!!! F-100 XL Drag Pickup
From talking to owners of Pro systems carbs and talking to Pro Systems themselves, they say they are pretty much perfect give or take a jet size either way. A guy that went to both class at the School of Automotive Machinists and has worked at Rehrer Morrison for the past three years is in the process of building his speed shop here. Since I planned to take the front clip off to do everything involved in the header swap I was going to pull the motor anyway. it also has a nasty oil leak somewhere so its got to come out.

I have to work for the sponsorship but 4 hours of work a month for the next year we get $2400 up front. I would go talk to tire shops and oil change places that would be frequented by racers. Our sponsor is a tire& auto place and they were excited that we asked them for sponsorship.

Unless you got some spark plugs wired into the tail pipes, I don't think flames coming out is good. i want to see the video too.

That is exactly what I keep telling him about the nitrous. I don't know a lot about it other than taking some timing out and leaning the carb a bit but with a 100 shot even a nitous newbie shouldn't get into to much trouble.

That is a cool story about the F100 XL. I like the part about using F-800 tie rods as ladder bars. Different technology back then.