Thread: Pinks all out!!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford

Miles, if you come out to bandimere next year in April, maybe we can do a couple runs heads up... I doubt the 73 f-100 im building now will run low 12's, but the more i am finding out about the engine i bought, the more i think it will run in the 12's if i get the gearing , suspension, and stall speed right. If i cant get it in the 12's on just engine then im going to go for 11's on spray hahaha

I almost **** when i saw the cam specs on the engine... .584 int .588 exh, and classified as a "street" cam lol.

I really wanted to come out to Bandimere more than once this year but the truck was really a pain is the a$$ since we changed pretty much everything. Never really got it running good until the last day. I am really hoping to run 11.50 next year. Just sold the Demon on ebay and ordered a Pro Systems Dominator that is set up for this altitude. I also found a set of 2" fender well headers for a 4X4 that we are going to make work. Not a lot but it should make a big difference if I can get good air/fuel going in and the air coming out with better velocity/less restriction. We also landed a pretty good sponsorship that is going to help with travel expenses, new grill shell,water pump and generator.

what motor are you putting in the 73? That is a big cam for the street but should work real well in a race motor.

I keep trying, with the help from Craig Jones at AMS, to throw a little nitrous at our truck.. I think a 100 shot at launch only, would help the 60 foot enough to get into the 10's. My dad is not convinced. He is a scared to run it after his mud bog days. he ran a 500 shot fogger with the jets drilled out, so probably closer to 750 shot. ever see a piston with no ring lands?