View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I post this cautiously, after what has gone before...

The gods frown on welcome wagons, or so it seems.

I don't know much about your area, except that you have wierd rules on filling gas tanks. I went through Oregon on my way to Washington state several years ago, and they wouldn't let me pump my own gas...

Like a trained individual was required to pump fuel into an obvious receptacle!

Welcome to the wide world of FTE chapters - and I hope you have a lot of gatherings together. I've met quite a few FTE people over time, and not regretted any of those meetings.

Some of them are no longer here, and some so far away I doubt I'll see them again any time soon.

All of it was worth it.

Q: FABMAN - how can an electolytic means be used to seperate glycerin? Are you using bubble formation to float it off?

~Wolfuss Devious
(With regrets over the conversation being cut short)
Welcome Dutch! I still haven't figured out why the "gods" shut down that thread, so I started a BS thread today............Feel free to post in the Oregon Chapter anytime. Glycerol takes time to settle by gravity. I've been working on a high voltage separation system in my lab. I think I've found a way to do it on a continuous basis. I got the idea from a friend on another forum. He tried it in the lab with 2 glass columns, one with just gravity, and one with high voltage. The results were startling! He didn't go any further with it, but I've been working with it for a couple of months now. I can now do it on a continuous basis, and will soon incorporate it in the micro plants I design. Here is a link to a YouTube video that shows how it works in the lab. The glass column on the left is with electrostatic separation, and the column on the right is a control using only gravity. YouTube - High Speed, Glycerol Separation using High Voltage And about our not pumping our own fuel.......Sure is great to not have to get out in bad weather and pump your own fuel........