Old 10-12-2008, 01:40 PM
kouper
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin for some advice on a new truck/project

Well, First I'll start with a little auto history of Cooper. My first car when I was sixteen was a Baby blue 1970 2v 302 mustang convertible, blue vinyl interior, white top, 50k miles. It was gorgeous, unfortunately it wasn't the best auto for a utah wimter. moved to a 97 exploder sport, then a 01 f-350 powerstroke, and I built a bad *** huge 00 v10 X By then I started missing how quick and nimble my little stang was, and have since moved onto german luxury cars. First a bmw 645ci and now a 4.2 audi a6.

And it struck, the itch for a truck has hit me again. I decided I don't want to go into debt for a car, so Im only lookin to spend 20k outta pocket, tops. I kind of want another superduty, I miss my old one terribly. It'd have to be diesel :-)

At the same time I kind of want to pick up a bronco (the old 70's bronco or a late nineties model) and do a diesel swap and make it a full project car. I've built some decent vehicles before (by built I mean I had others do it, although I built a couple bad *** suburban's with friends..) And was wondering what the communities thoughts where. ANy tips/suggestions on what to look for in these vehicles?