View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Stroked99
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone making BioFuel? Cheap Fuel!

I have done a bit of research on this and the making of the fuel doesn't seem to off the beaten path. Were I work I have a decent amount of Veggie oil that I can get for free, at least 30 to 40 gallons a week. I already spoke to facilities and they are all for me to take it. I am happy with this supply because a limited amount of cooking in the oil is poultry and majority potato frying! Keeping the acids and fats down. I have looked on the internet and found a system that is complete with a $3,000 proce tag. Trying to keep this cheap, I am more along the line of making the system myself. I already located a majority of the parts necessary to make the system. With fuel being at $3.70 a gal, i can make this fuel for $1.00 a gal if not less and I figure any costs that I put out in parts to make the system, I will recoup back in a about 4 to 6 months. I guess my thoughts are, has anyone made a a system to make Biofuels? I love chemistry and the process doesn't seem that complicated at all. Any thoughts?