View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:12 AM
the_webers_inc
A mostly quiet Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf
I was talking about the Flex in that quote, not the 500, read the post again. It would have made more sense to me to use the Explorer chassis for the Flex and have a frame under it.
I realize that you were referring to the Flex. The reason I drew the parallel to the Five Hundred, is they share the same platform. The Flex is just a restyled, stretched Free Style/Taurus X. Unfortunately the days of Body on Frame cars are coming to an end. Even the next version of the explorer will be a uni-body crossover.

Originally Posted by dkf
The 500 was underpowered compared to other vehicles in its class and the AWD has a lot of drivetrain loss. Thats more than likely why tirespin is minimized in snow.
That is very logical reasoning, based on published information. Have you ever driven an AWD Five Hundred/Free Style? My opinions are based on actually having driven said vehicle.

Originally Posted by dkf
I saw quite a bit of magazine, TV, newspaper and radio advertisements on both the 500 and freestyle. I think Ford did good on the advertising end.
But yet is is amazing how many people don't even know what a Five Hundred/FreeStyle is or that they even exists/existed.

Originally Posted by dkf
So a Crown Vic is a midsize? I think not. The Mustang isn't available in a 4 door.
Yes the Crown Vic is a full size sedan, but the Five Hundred is also referred to as a full size sedan.

T. J.