Thread: 390 FE Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
thunderbird61
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dinosaurfan
TB, I should have been specific, you should ask for Silvolite 1116s, Silvolite 1131s. With a very light shave on the top of the block, you could make good use of H395Ps, from sealedpower. ask whomever is going to do your block what he recommends, he probably gets his stuff from the same WD that our shop uses. The numbers your T Bird does not want are 1139 and 381P, unless of course, you're building a stroker, and that is a whole 'nother thread. DinosaurFan, at home as himself
Thanks,I will ask the "machinist". It's still some weeks before I get real deep and dirty on my fingers, but when I do I will ask you guys for a scond opinion, maybe even post som pictures for your experienced eyes. Who knows, I might not even need a whole kit...

The engine is'nt running all that bad, it smokes when I step on it in trafic, gray/black smoke, so the guys around here thinks it is bad rings or somethings. I really hope that the pistons are okay, and alle that is needed is to hone(is that the right word?) it.

And, any tips for a newbie DIY is greatly apriciated.

Regards
Ronny