View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bowhunters Get Ready!!!

Y'all waking up early this Saturday?

There's a bunch of deer out there been thumbing their noses at us for about 8 months now.....Time for some payback!!!

Me and pops hunt at a place near Mount Pleasant. Got 5 out of there last year.......Planning on 8 this year. There's PLENTY!!! I swear...I don't know if it's something in the water, or if there ain't as many hunters....But the damned deer are EVERYWHERE!!!

Got a tower stand set up, and I got a nice, roomy ground blind (GroundMax---extra large) set up. Been laying out corn and apples for about a month now....The ground is TORE UP.....

I didn't hunt a whole lot last year.....But time to ante up. Got the Matthews dusted off and shot the hell out of a target today. Pops is lucky------He's got 'marginal' arthritis in the neck and shoulders, so the State gave him permission to use a crossbow (slacker!). Hell, he thwacked a couple of shots with the Matthews after I was done, and he looked like it wasn't much effort.

Whatever...He's the one who paid $1200 for the thing.....He uses it during gun season too.

Anyway...Post your plans here. How do you process them? I'll throw more out there later if people post here.