View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Question 1956 Ford Restoration

I am going to be restoring a 1956 Fairlane I know its not a truck but cant really find a messageboard simmilar to this one that covers the 55-56 fullsize.

But I had two questions.

First question is I found a website for the Chevrolet I am restoring right now that lists the different colors of different items such as the firewall color, engine color, valve cover color, hood spring color, hood hinge, and other items like that. I am wondering has anyone ever came across a website like that that gave the same information for restoring 1955 - 1956 Ford Fullsize Passenger cars.

Second question is the heater box as I call it under the hood on a 56 ford did they have the black wrinkle finish from the factory or semi gloss black? The pictures I took under the hood that I reviewed of the car is rusted on that and the black that is left looks like its just plain semi gloss but it could go either way considering the whole assembly including the heater motor is rusted.

I dont know if this is the right section to post this in but I figured under Misc Appearance & Dress-Up would be the right place since the two questions covers appearance under the hood.

Thanks in Advance.