View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
At last count I've had 15 Bonus Built trucks, every model from F-1 to F-7. I've only kept one truck that was bought as a parts truck, the '51 F-4. The others were beaters, except the F-7 which was a '48 firetruck with 3,000 miles. I used the rust free cab for my F-2 and traded the rest for parts for the F-2. I bought the truck because they had parts I needed or were able to sell to help finance my truck addiction. It's not hard to scrap out a beater truck. It try to get rid of them as soon as I think I have all of the usable parts off of them. The bad thing is once I have all of the usable parts off of them and scrap the remainder someone always comes up and wants a part I didn't think any one wanted. I would completely salvage all the usable parts like rear axles and frames but I just don't have the room to store it all.

With the price of steel lately, and the natural depleting inventory, reasonable priced beaters are next to impossible to find. I haven't been able to buy one for at least two years. I'm getting anxious not having a beater to tear apart. I'm having withdrawls!