Thread: Ipods
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:00 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck
Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I have a Shuffle. Would have cost $50 but I got it for free. I don't need fancy video or a color screen (or even any screen), so even if I had bought myself one I would have gotten the Shuffle.

The iPod Touch is the premo model, it's an iPhone minus the phone part, even to the point where it can connect to Wi-Fi and show up in an iTunes library. The Nano is the closest to a classic or a mini thats still around, its the bare bones with a screen. The Classic is a video without a touch screen. The Shuffle is like a CD player sans CD with a shuffle setting and a top-to-bottom of the playlist setting.

You can't remove songs from iPods unless its a computer authorized on the account of the owner of the license of the song. (3 comps max per song?) You can play it off the iPod on any computer, but can't copy it off the iPod. It's all part of the DRM (digital rights management) software build by Apple into the format of the song.

You can reformat the song file using a few programs to convert it to a .mp3 or .wma format, but I haven't seen a free-ware program for anything but a Linux OS.