View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
SVO x-country roadtrip!

I'm gonna be heading home next week in my (wifes!) freshly-converted Excursion! It has a Frybrid/V3 system w/38 gal under-truck VO tank. I'm prolly gonna tow a little trailer with a 275gal tote on it. I think I'll have enough VO, but always enjoy meeting other VO'ers and biodiesel'ers as I travel around.

I'm leaving Seattle on Wed, 8/20 and heading S. on I84, east on I80, then I'll jog down to Denver, take I70 east to St. Louis, I64/I24 to Chattanooga and finally back roads to home in N.GA.

Although the Excursion is fresh, I'm not a newbie - my '01 F350 has almost 70k trouble-free miles on a high cholesteral diet (SVO) and has criss-crossed the country draggin' a 5ver for the last couple years. I also have a couple of friends w/ BioPro 190's, so the diesel tank has been B100 for a looong time as well! I've had the pleasure of meeting LOTS of cool folks. Its really interesting how many different kinds of people share this common denominator.

So if your not far from my path and would like to show me how you do things or wanna see my rig, I'd love to stop in for a few minutes on my way thru! Shoot me a PM and we'll make a plan.

Oh yeah, I gotta finish the conversion this weekend! Wish me luck.