Thread: F250 problems
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250 problems

Originally posted by dking99
I had to ask but it is a 4.6L. It may be a light duty. That probably gives away I don't know a lot about mechanical things and I usually rely on the mechanics (I think I need a new one). It's never too late to learn. So I really do appreciate your patience.
Hey, no problem, that's why we're all here, none of us knows everything, and we're here to help, and by the way, welcome aboard.

Does your truck look like a 2002 F150, or a 2002 F350? My guess is it looks like the F150, in that case it is the 7700 GVWR version.

Monsta's idea is really good, he's a bright one that guy.

I hate electrical problems, they are almost impossible to diagnose, even with the truck right in front of you, let alone over the net. Your problem could be as simple as a bad ground or a wire, somewhere in the 200ft of wire on your truck, that rubbed through and is causing a short when wet. The problem is it may take hours to track down that wire.

Do like Monsta said, and concentrate on the coil packs on each cylinder. Lightly spray the truck till the problem starts, one area at a time.

If you can at least localize the problem that's a big step.

Let us know what you find out.

Waxy

P.S. If it's -40C where you live like it is here, you may want to hold off on that trip to the car wash.