View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Baumbach
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07-31-08. I stopped by the Ford dealer today about getting the Ford Lincoln Navigator insulation Hush Panel part 7L7Z-78046A24-A to stop my A/ C leak. The dealer told me that Ford would not reimburse them (the dealer) for a Lincoln Navigator part to be installed on a Ford Expedition, and that I would have to pay for the part myself, which I did order today. The dealer said they would correspond with Ford and try to get me reimbursed. I will write a letter to Ford myself too.

I decided to take a closer look as to why so much more water was getting under the carpet than what was dripping on top of the carpet. Around the condensate drain that exits the passenger compartment it a black foam rubber gasket that soaks up water like a sponge. This gasket butts-up against the firewall and is what’s leaking most of the water under the carpet.

The insulation panel that I ordered will most likely stop the condensate from dripping on top of the carpet, but will not stop the drain from leaking behind and under the carpet.

I have added more pictures to my website at... My 2008 Ford Expedition Limited ownership experience, maintenance, defects, add-ons, service tips and more

P.S. if you are having the same A/C leak, please post that fact to this message thread… I agree with “trpltongue” we certainly cannot be the only two Expedition owners having this issue.