View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 AM
bknight44
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, other things came up and still no word from the auto shop as to what test they ran and why they charged me $78.

I will attempt to flush the rad first then replace the therm. It is funny that the rad cap had no seal for an entire year with no signs of over heating until now. Let me elaborate again, it never overheated, just got up in a zone that i did not feel comfortable.

In my search for the correct coolant to use i am a bit confused. The last place used GO5, my manual suggest E2F2-19549-AA, an online manual same year same truck suggest GO5 A.K.A. WSS-M97B51–A1.

I was wondering how can I tell if i have an internal leak. In other words will the over flow show signs of oil? As far as i can see, no indication of leaking under the water pump, although the shop said there was some indication.

I am curious if I need he bolts to the therm have a specific tightening pressure? Now that i think of it i my just go get a second opinion before getting crazy on the truck. Any suggestion on my approach or what test to run?

In any case i really appreciate the feedback. This is my first time actually doing something like this online, very cool. I will keep you informed, as i have to make a drive to IL. on the 22nd on this month.