Old 07-26-2008, 11:52 AM
barecove
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
You're more than welcome to disagree...yeah the umpire sucked...but...the great pitchers will get the benefit of the doubt almost every time. Rivera is...argueably...the best reliever ever...definitely a first ballot Hall of Famer...probably a unanimous choice. There were also a couple of questionable calls that went against the Yankmees...remember Pedroias "steal" of second base...on replay he was clearly out.

I also don't blame Lowell for getting upset...I believe the umpire gave him every chance to walk away before running him...probably a whole lot more leeway than Lowrie or Ellsbury would have gotten...in deference to his longevity. The umpires didn't cost the Saawx the game...the Yankmee pitching did.

I believe I read that you are going to see the Saawx today or tomorrow...hope you have a great time...and that the Saawx win!!!
I wasn't saying he isn't good... he is usually lights out.... but the calls in last nights game were miserable... not even close...and yes... I am going to sundays game... hopefully we will see "THE Lester".... not just lester