View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 PM
bknight44
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate everyones suggestions. Where is the ETC sensor located? The car runs cool at idle no shift, cant tell if the therm is opening or not. I know the water in the overflow is nowhere near hot after a long hard push. Both top and bottom hoses are hot!

Anyhow, I started by replacing the rad cap today with a new one a realized the old cap was missing the rubber gasket, not my fault! After putting the new one i went for a 35/40 minute drive running about 75/85 mph and the needle moved slightly up toward the hot icon but not nearly as much as before, a considerable difference! About 3/16 above normal. Prior to the recent event, i could drive around 80/85/90 mph (normal driving speed for me) without the gauge ever moving from center. After getting back from the drive i slowly opened the rad cap and yet again, no pressure! Tomorrow i change the therm and possible have the radiator flushed. If this doesn't work i suppose i could swap out the rad for a new one and hope that is it. There is still no visible sign of the leaking coming from the water pump. I did not find anything blocking the radiator but i will go and power wash it in the morning, Thanks for that tip. I priced everything out and it comes to about $375.00 with new hoses as well. Any suggestion of doing a rad flush myself, good/bad idea?
once again thanks for the input!