Thread: My backyard
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
th1567
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazing country...on BOTH sides of the Border no less.. This durned Illegal Immigrant problem is just that..a problem. You So. Cal. guys have born the brunt of this in so many ways...

Back in the eighties and nineties I was a carpenter making $18 to 30 an hour...these days...Contractors get 3 guys for that same money... Now, I'm not pointing fingers it aint a business owner's responsibility to check papers...but that don't mean they have to traitors to their own countrymen. Just last my a good friend was laid off..because point blank....they "found some 'guy's' to do the same work cheaper" What/who did he see doing his work...the illegal Mexicans HE'D trained as his helpers... And that, my friends, is where the rubber meets the road.

Couple that with who is really impacted the most. Poor, inner city Blacks. Er uh, Americans of African descent.

I guess I could go on and on...but I couldn't find work out in construction today for more than the SAME money I was making 16 years ago and that is NOT right. Everything is MORE, not less expensive.

Can't see how my old carpenter buddies are making it these days.. Me, I started my own business...completely divorced from construction.

TH1567
...A wild, rip snorting Ford nut from the git go...