View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 PM
th1567
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the GVWR where they get you...the tag on my 85 L-900 was $1200 a year its GVWR was 28500....

I got nailed by some level of ignorance on my Dog Van...B3500 it had noncomms on it...guess it had been an rv or something...that durned thing cost like 500 bucks..had to get it reweighed at a scale...a real mess....all because the van had lumber racks on it...well that's what the CHPatrol said.

Van now costs $280~ a year...and I get the added enjoyment of smog check 2 on a van with 230K+ miles.... this year 'round I non-opped it...shine them...when I have to I'll register....

Well, if you want lower taxes/fees whatever...vote conservative...like a Tom McClintock...that's the dude that wants to virtually eliminate car reg fees.

I'm going the Oregon route using my Dad's address ...I got 6 vehicles to keep on the road...and it seems I'm always paying the DumbMV for one that's due..

TH1567
Yes, I'm a native California...but I'm a Goldwater Republican....where's Teddy Roosevelt when we need him...or if not him...the man on horseback....