View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 AM
mps1ualberta
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veggistroke install review

So, I just finished my DFA vegistroke install on my 2003 7.3 L and thought i would share some of my experiences. After reading some other peoples experiences i was a little apprehensive of the wiring and fuel system modifications, but i figured i would give it a shot. The engine modifications took about 3-4 beers (about 2-3 hours). Nothing difficult at all, and the instructions do a really good job of explaining things. Patience is the key, also do no drive your truck that day, the heads stay very hot for a long time which makes it more difficult to install the fuel lines, but all in all pretty easy. Also when putting the intercooler/intake assembly back on, it is much, much easier to remove the rubber parts, put them on the intake, tighten them , then install the intake assembly.

The wiring is time consuming 8-10 beers (5-6 hours) but also pretty easy, and again the instructions do a very good job of explaining things. The hardest part for me was finding the switched power.I found the best way to find the right wire is to remove the 2 bolts from the obd plug, then pull it down to reveal the switched wire. Also if you do not have a ford stereo removal tool you can remove the dash, just ensure that the 12 v power is removed, turn the key forward and if you have an automatic put it in first gear, it is then easier to remove. The one other thing i did differently is on the factory fuel pump. The instructions say to remove the factory pink wire from the pump, which would involve removing the pump bolts, i just cut the wire , and used butt connectors.

Also,i would like to say that the customer service is fantastic at DFA, the staff are great and they ensured that any questions i had were answered quickly. The money is well worth it and i would reccomend it to anyone. To be honest 2 of my friends just bought 7.3 's, and both bought veggistokes.

My final contribution is this link to a really good write up on installing a veggistroke on a 6.0 L My Vegistroke install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum