Old 07-14-2008, 03:07 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by V8EXPLR
Oops, posted this same thread in another forum here a little while ago.

Now this is interesting, but a little dissappointed with the mpgs. Only 16/22. I thought the EB motors were supposed to provide the power of a larger displacement motor with the mpgs of a smaller displacement motor? Now the power is right where we like it, just need to know where that power comes to play in the rpms.

I agree. I want to know when this power is supposed to hit. At 9 million RPM, or a decent range? More like 1,600 / 4,200?
I say get rid of these pathetic motors. Bring in some heavy hitters and make them sip gasoline. I want big power with awesome gas mileage. Too much to ask for? I somehow doubt this.
We can send a man to the moon but can't design a motor to hit 350 HP / 450 Ft lbs and still get 26 MPG? Bull. I'm over exaggerating, but not by much. The point I'm trying to make is this; There is no excuse to give the public underpowered motors that still drink gasoline like it's free. I'm tired of hearing about Ford Rangers only getting 21 MPG highway - if babied. A 4.0L V6 should be getting much better mileage than that.

Oh, and one more thing. Make them affordable.