Old 07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh yes....creepy-crawlies. Folks...I don't mind snakes...long as I know they're there. Mind ye I don't fear snakes..they have a job to do and like I said..as long as I know they're there..no problem. Now creepy-crawlies...'specially spiders...I don't like. Even when I know they are present! I've seen the damage the Brown Recluse spider can do!! (Not uncommon in s.c. Pa. by the way!) Often times the bite goes un-noticed...just a slight itch with a welt..and then the skin rots away days later...along with the surrounding muscle tissue. In the end the affected area looks like a 3rd. degree burn. Brrrr...! And ticks...Lyme Disease is prevelent here as well. And don't count on seeing a "bulls-eye" to warn ye. Sometimes it sneaks up on ye years later with aching joints and all the signs of arthritus...but much worse. Two of The Yankees that come here to Greencastle every year to hunt rabbits in Nov. have delt with this problem. Anyways...I found the resident black-snake down yonder in the garage. Eyeball-to-eyeball! And he is huge! Like about "his head is the size of my butt..huge!" I mean "anaconda size make me run out of the garage... soil my pants..huge!" Folks...I mean enourmousley huge!! We met....I exited the building..he won. Hands down he's the biggest black-snake I've ever seen and I've seen some that stretch from white-line to white-line on these back roads. Now after I regained my composuer..and strapped on the Kahr CW40 and my sidekick the old Mossberg 20ga. with 2 1/2in. magnums in the tube..., the 1911 .45ACP and the Beretta for back-up...I went back down to the garage. I do not fear him...he eats mice and rats..and I presume anything under 200lbs....and I have no intent to harm him. Long as he keeps his distance. Ahhh..yes..one last post! Audie..the trembling Oldfart...