View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Tuishimi
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is definitely a high influx of illegal immigrants, but why? Because they can come here and find work to earn money to live on and send back to their families. I live in the Phoenix area and I cannot tell you the last time I called a company to have some form of work be done in or around my house and only one out of four of the workers could speak a couple words of English. But they are being hired to work, and being hired for a pittance compared to what you or I might expect to be paid.

No one seems to want to address the issue of companies hiring illegal immigrants to do work for them cheaply. Actually, there HAS been some progress made and it seems that very recently the numbers have dropped a bit.

These people live in what we might consider poverty levels in Mexico, they see that companies in Arizona will hire and pay them much more than they would earn in their own country, so they take advantage of it. How many of you if you had to feed your family wouldn't consider doing that?

Anyway, I am not slamming Joe or the fact that something has to be done, I just want to make sure people focus on the reasons people come into our country in the first place, not just that they come, like some disease. We encourage it. We literally entice them, and reward them for doing it.

I do happen to think Sheriff Joe is a little too extreme at times, making more of a "show" of it than directing his energy to the problem of people and companies funding illegal immigration.