Old 03-02-2003, 09:45 AM
mctmct
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 F150 Strange Electrical Problems Help!

Hi Mr. Moderator,

The G.E.M., huh? Hmmm...
So, feel like giving me any leads to where I might learn more about this GEM? It's only reference I can find in my Chilton manual, is in the wiring diagram for my truck where it shows lead #14 off the powertrain control module going to the GEM or 4x4 low switch (which there ain't one of on my 2WD). I read the other posts, regarding digging around for it behind the interior fuse box, but I don't see a positive posting regarding finding it, R&R, and a return to full fault-free functionality.

I hate to just dive into something blindfolded, especially electrical components, but if you say I have to- then I will.
(Will wait a while longer and see if it goes away, that is.)
Seriously, though; do you know of any technical references on the web or have experience with a manual other than Chiltons that has good details (why not comment on decent manuals anyway, if you got the time?).

Thanks for any replies guys (& gals).

mct
97 f150 xlt stepside
"I love my truck."
It's in absoluitely perfect mint condition. Well, except for the intermittent electrical bug-a-boos. and the electric window that sticks. and the front brakes that lock when steering while emergency stopping. and the groovy front rotor surfaces. oh yeah, and the seat belt that needs an adapter strap. and now, now a possible leaky front window and wet GEM unit. (GEM units are like Gremlins: don't get them wet or feed them after midnight.)
Doesn't matter, I still love my truck.
Jesus probably owned a Ford, you know... and it was forgiven.