View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 AM
AMDCAMARO
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I to am going to make this for my 97 F150. I plan on getting a scoop from an old carb or TBI vehicle ( the kind that mount under the hood) and attaching it to my grill ( behind it, attached to a rib in the grill) out of sight.

Next I will run some sort of tubing ( dryer vent tubing if I get lazy) to my air box. At the air box I am going to cut the largest hole I can that I can stuff with a PVC "T" fitting. I know they make 4" "T"'s.

Then I am going to cut most of the "T" off so that I basically have a inlet tube with 2 mounting tabs on it. Insert this into the hole (from inside the air box), drill 2 holes in it, and bolt it up. I am going to use ISOPASTE to seal it up, but I am sure Silicone would do the trick as well.

I am going to leave the Air box attached to the fender where it draws air OEM, so My Ram Air should only help me.

Yes this is vague, But it might give you an idea.

Ram Air adds 10-15 HP ( stock 1999 Grand Am GT's were listed 10 HP and 20 FT LBS TQ over the SE models, and the only difference was the Ram Air on the GT's)

Hope this helps yea, Back in my F-Body days, people made scoops and shrouds out of milk jugs, and it did lower there times, so any fresh air you can get in there will help.