View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 12:35 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.6 liter vs. 5.7 liter

Originally posted by custom_truker
you uys have good insight, but I know that the chevy 5.7 is a good engine, and that their are probably more aftermarket parts for that size engine than any other, but that is not really what I am asking. Is it possible, for a 4.6 liter to out race a chevy 5.7 liter engine in a sports car, or other type car as long as they are of similar weight. I have friends that would say a 4.6 liter Ford mustang wouldn't stand a chance against a camaro of trans am, and I would like to be able and look them eye, and throw out the numbers that prove a 4.6 is very well capable of keeping up with a camaro and even beating it. It would be great So, can I do that. Can I say the 4.6 has more juice? Any one know what the numbers are for the 4.6? I have the numbers for the chevy, they are all over the place. Thanks.

I'll concede that a GT (SOHC 2 valve motor) is lacking against the LS1 but the new Mach1 with the 4 valve DOHC(basically a Cobra mill sans supercharger) is equaling the last #'s of the F-bodies(may they RIP) And the '03 Cobra is in Z06 territory. (yes it is supercharged)

Please don't confuse the interchangeability of the previous generation chevy smallblocks with the new ls1. They are completely different engines.