Old 07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
rawdawg2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pawpaw
Good safe idea imo to try a high mileage recipe oil, for it's boosted addpack.

It's your engine, so you can pour anything you want too, into it's crankcase. But how "cheap" do you want to be & how much risk do you want, or are willing to incur for this supposed minor problem?????

Would I use Seafoam in the crank case as a lubricant or solvent, Nope, as imo there are other safer things to use in the crankcase, that'll target the suspected problem/s & at this point, valve seal hardening, or valve stem varnish, or carbon deposits, are just that, "suspected", not proven!!!!

But using Seafoam in the gas as a detergent, should help with any intake valve deposits.

The high mileage oils boosted add pack can safely & slowly get after varnish & carbon deposits, or a hardened seal problem, if any.

I tend to agree with your answer; I just noticed that Seafoam advises it is dual use gas or oil treatment and wondered if anyone had experience with using as an oil additive. In the absence of someone's solid experience I am not too keen on putting it in oil. I will look for the high mileage oil too.

I appreciate your keying me in on the idea that certain additives may cure the seal leak w/o any mechanical intervention....

YHS,
rogerw