View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 08:53 PM
David85
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Fixit
Yes, luv-mud: that could be the guy. I remember he started out converting passenger cars. Don't know much about it.
That would be Randy. Met him a few years ago when I still had my learner's license. He was not impressed with my idea of converting my F150. He said it was too big and heavy, I was a little full of myself though.....

He's actually located in Errington on Vancouver Island. He has a good line of parts like electric powersteering pumps and electric floor shifters. Haven't seen him in years but he does have some stuff that others on the electric car forum have been interested in. Only does low speed or light vehicles. Older Chevy S10 is his favorite donor for a conversion vehicle.....

You might have seen the report in CBC's The National when he was having trouble certifying his low speed electric utility truck.

$0.025....mehh, not really worth the trip to the cardlock. These guys know what they are doing. My rear tank is full and the front is about 1/2 full. Being a diesel I like to keep them full as much as possible.

Mr. Fixit, how is the light off of those LEDs? I've seen small examples of LED flashlights that seem to produce a more complete light spectrum that is nice to be in compared to CFLs or even incandescents. I'm actually hoping that there may be some LED headlights out there for my truck. If I ever convert car to electric, it will be a good way to maximize the efficiency. There would also be a slight gain in MPGs for night driving on a gas or diesel vehicle if the headlights go from 5% efficient to 90%+.

I think the fluorescent tubes are usually somewhere between 40-60% efficient. Thats at least 8x better than regular lights, but still not as good as LEDs and not as reliable. Cold can be a real problem with them too.