View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Mick1930
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferg,
I just put on my Drake 56 side emblems.
Took me awhile to finally give into paying $100 for them, but they look cool.
The center f100 circle has the two pins that have nuts and the other three pins along the straight probably accept those push clips that are used on the Custom side door emblem.
With mine the begining of the emblem closest to the cab stuck out when mounted, so I bent that just a little to fit the contour of the hood. The other problem I had was when I measure with a template to drill the pin holes..since I has an older hood..I just flipped the paper template for the other side and drilled them.
Come to realize the pins on the left hood emblem where ever so slightly situated differently within the emblems. So it sits a tad forward and higher than the other side..only so slightly that I would know..but I know and I would like to pass it along to you so maybe also use the shape of the emblem rather than just the pins...
It really bugged me for awhile but I am getting over it..just like when I was helping a pro painting the interior of a house and he told me not to worry too much about any room..but the bathroom. Because there people sit and sit and tend to look around and find the marks and holidays in the work.
Glad to know nowbody is sitting on my hood loking at both sides at once.