View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM
blkbeast
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After my 2 failed 25gal batches, I took a couple weeks away from it to pull myself together and remotivate. The other day I decided to start over and go back down to a 2 gal batch in a bucket. It is coming along fine. Water washed today and it's settling now. I am pretty sure that my problem before was too much water in my WVO, and not letting the oil sit long enough after collection to let the water settle out. I'm still in the process of trying to acquire a couple more sources for WVO but not having much luck. The local chinese place doesn't speak enough english for me to communicate with and when I do get a chance to speak with someone they need to call the owner and will call me back but never do. Spoke to another place today and they've had a few offers to pay them for theirs. I guess I need to find out how much oil they use a month and make an offer that will still allow me to make BD for a reasonable cost. With the way these big companies are cornering the market, it's going to be almost impossible to find free oil anymore. If I had started a few years ago I could have built relationships with the owners before it became such a big deal. It's almost to the point of becoming a thief, but then I'd rather pay the high fuel prices than end up in jail.