Old 06-09-2008, 03:42 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Some of us are trying to save you guys money and time, but this stuff has become a "religion". The debate between "believers" and "neighsayers".

Did anyone actually study science in school? I took chemistry, physics and thermodynamics and got passing grades. But many of you insist that it is all a big conspiracy between oil companies, auto companies and government. If that was so, how come GM, Ford and Chrysler are bleeding billions and headed for bankruptcy court. Is that just part the coverup, too?

This forum is about alternative fuels, but I dont think snake oil qualifies.

Jim
Actually, it is the unions that kill the automakers, and have been for some time. The Japanese companies, like Toyota, turn a great profit consistently because of a much lower overhead, afforded by cheaper labor.
If you don't believe in conspiracies, take a listen to the radio and television ads, and you will hear about places that say 'There isn't a better time to sell your gold jewelry, with the price of gold so high'...
There is a reason for this, and it is directly linked to the Federal Reserve and the abolishment of the old, trustworthy 'gold standard'. Watch this video and see what you think. There are much bigger things coming down the road that some of you will be sorry you didn't heed the warnings. See how a new Corvette actually costs $1200 on the old system:

YouTube - GOLD v.s. DOLLAR The FEDERAL RESERVE IS DESTROYING ECONONOMY

And 10 years ago, people were saying that something will happen to cause gas prices to hit $4-$5 a gallon in the US before 2010. That is already happening, even though everyone told me then it would never happen...