Thread: Filtering
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM
blkbeast
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one batch that I have put through that peeled the paint off the inside of my processor drum and turned into junk, I dried it by turning the heat on, let it sit for an hour getting up to temp (approx 150deg), and then turned my pump on and let it circulate for another hour at the same temp. I don't know if that is suffecient or if I should keep it up to temp and circulating longer with maybe a fan blowing on my pump discharge stream to speed evap. I remember reading somewhere on here about putting some of the oil into an old skillet or something and heating it to over 200deg to test for water content? If you get a bunch of sizzling and snapping it's got water? I guess I could do the skillet test before I start heating my processor, and then do it again after it's heated up and circulated for an hour to see if there's still water. That should tell me if what I'm doing is sufficient, or if I need to let it circ. longer and/or add a fan. I'm still trying to figure this all out, so I can use all the advice I can get.
Thanks