View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 12:46 AM
chadburns2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machine Shop Visit

Hey guys, don't know if you are still watching this thread or not, but Spud, I got a question for ya. How bad was your block when you took it in? As far as grease and gunk, that is. I want to get mine in soon, but I don't want to bring this grungy thing into Rob and have him give me a dirty look(no pun intended). Got the engine torn down almost completely now. Finally got the cam out. Never did find a #4 phillips screw tip, but the impact driver I bought had a large-enough flat tip to work. All I have to do now is get the lifters out(bad sign, I know) and pull all the freeze plugs. Man, I can't wait for my income tax check to get here so I can go spend some real money! My sister is convinced I am crazy....she keeps telling me.."you are gonna spend $2000 on a motor and you are still gonna have an OLD truck". Guess she just doesn't get it, huh?! Thank God she hasn't seen the mess I am making out in her garage!!!!!!! LOL Oh, hey, what are you using for a good degreaser on your parts? I thought I might just go buy a gallon jug of carb cleaner. Good on grease..nasty on the hands though!! It's pretty cool that there are three of us here in the metro area all doing this at about the same time. We ought to get together some time for coffee. Oh BTW, Congrats on the baby Mike!!!

Chad Burns
1968 F-250 390 2v auto
Aurora