Thread: ford vs toyota
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 11:57 AM
sopris
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford vs toyota

Thanks for all the feedback on the Toyota vs Ford. I should also mention we live in the high country of Colorado. The current Ranger is 4x4, 4.0 L. She uses it for her daily drive to do town business. We do need 4x4 just to get up our driveway in the winter. We use it for sports, ie, mtn biking, kayaking and occasionally to pull the dirt bike trailer. So her vehicle is not used for heavy duty stuff at all.
It gets a lot of highway miles.
Plus the reason, I'm looking at the Tundra Access cab is because of it's larger back seat. When she wants to go somewhere with her girlfriends ( more than 1 other) they always drive. She wants the ability to move more than 1 friend. If you've ever been a passenger in the jump seat of a Ranger, you'll understand what discomfort is all about.
We're looking for something more economical and smaller than a real (american) full size pickup. I already have a f150 for the bigger stuff I do. At some point, I'm going to upgrade to a f250, I am in construction and do haul a trailer.
So what are other options, short of the f150. She needs cab room and bed room for sports toys.