Old 05-18-2008, 09:42 PM
KyleG
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I think I need some help with making fuel...

Ok, I got legit plans from guy I know who makes fuel from waste veggie oil. He runs it in a 2001 Ford Excursion with a 7.3 and it runs good, he's got 40,000 miles on it with the veggie oil. I tried to make it with his same plans, but it didnt run so good in my truck, which is an 86' F-250 with a turbo 6.9L. Here is how I make it...I get oil from a local resteraunt, that I work at, about 40 gallon a week, I have a filter setup in my garage that i run it through next. It is 2 pumps that forces the oil through a 20 micron hydrolic filter then a 5 micron carbon filter, I filter the oil twice. The mix calls for 10% Kerosene and 5% gasoline and a certain amount of 2 different additives. Now I ran this same mix in my truck for about 500 miles, now it wont run on it. I understand that my truck is older and has less fuel heaters and such, but I think if I double the amount of the ingredients it calls for each batch, and filter it more, I can run it succesfully. What do you guys think, try that, or actually make bio-diesel with the methanol and the lye?