View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM
DIESELSITE
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob?

Sorry to write this on Bob's signon. Bob will be short of time through Monday juggling twenty different things right now, so I thought I better get back to you quickly. I went out and read the product page for the HPRA we sell and it really didn't explain its dual purpose very well. So I changed it. I hope it makes more sense now. It has filtration benefits and it can be used during the installation of your dual pumps for ease in installation and filtration for the rear pump which was previously unprotected.

You have decent sized injectors for even a new body style. Dual pumps would give you more out of them than the stock 17*. I think it is a smart choice to use them if it is more economical. Dual pumps have been run for a couple years now. I'm sure you'll be very happy with that setup. Obviously your stock 17* isn't doing the job with your programming. Choosing a PULSE over duals is a personal preference. Both setups supply more oil. They just do it differently. Make a decision best for you, your truck and your wallet. That's what is so great about having options.

Technically Bob has to be careful how he answers questions. I can tell you that "too much oil" would be difficult to ever determine without knowing the oil demand of the injector. And even then a rating system would have to be put in place which means that "too much oil" would have to defined. Right now the only thing we've ever seen that is too much is the DUAL PULSE PUMPS. We are basing that on the fact that the aeration they cause could never be overcome. So, I don't think that anyone should be overly concerned with the idea of too much oil out of a PULSE or a dual pump setup. It is only be something ridiculous that puts out over 2x the stock 17* pump that should be scrutinized closely. Nothing driven on the street would ever require anything more right now.

Bob and I both feel the same way about this: In this economy, if you can do something a little cheaper that is pretty similar in result then that's a no-brainer. Put your dual pumps in and enjoy! I tell customers all the time who call wanting a PULSE for their OBS truck that they many want to consider just an upgrade to the 17*. I downsell them alot of times if they only needed a replacment for a bad pump and never care about doing hp upgrades. Why? Money. If they have STOCK injectors in their OBS they shouldn't ever need more than the 17* upgrade. I also tell them that they would notice a difference with the PULSE but not enough to make up for $800 in price difference if that's all they do with their truck. At that point I have laid it all out and they can make their own decision. And if they ask what I PERSONALLY would do? My response is always the same. My truck would always have a PULSE.

Hope that helps - sorry Bob isnt available right now.
I don't believe either he will have time to view the forums until next week. Please call if you need additional information OR look for our responses next week. THANKS!
Sheryl Riley