Thread: Fried Pump
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blkbeast
Would it work to use one of those drill attachment mixers for 5gal paint buckets to mechanically mix with? attach it to a 1/4hp motor make a bracket to hold it in the middle of the drum and let it mix? that's how i was planning on mixing the magnasol if/when i start using it.
I didn't leave it completely unattended. I showed my girlfriend how to kill power if she suspected anything was wrong, and my buddy who is splitting costs with me, was on his way over to do some tractor work on my driveway. It still wasn't watched as good as it should have been, and in the future i'll watch it much closer due to the problem I experienced this time. I messed up and I learned and the lesson didn't cost me as much as it could've. Thanks for your input Fabman, from what i've read here, you're the BD guru so I read your posts with great interest.
Yes, a paint mixer will work ( that's what I use for my Methoxide mixer). I built my own bio mixer from an impeller of an old 302 ford waterpump, and a 1/4 HP motor. It's lasted 4+ years ( built Ford tough ).