View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 01:35 PM
StevoF1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retro
The old radiator was placed in front of the radiator frame, closer to the front grill, because it came from the car that the donor engine came from. With the new motor mounts the engine should sit father back than the old one, thought I will need to get new alternator brackets to relocate the alternator up higher, to near the side of the passenger cylinder head. The guy who had mounted the engine before had it in at a 9 degree angle due to the front cross member being too close to the crank pulley. I'll post some pictures below to show you what I mean.
Down the road, after the engine install, I plan running a stocklike setup, from
Aluminum Radiators, Cooling Accessories, SPAL Fans & Brakes : Hot Rod and Street Rod : PERFORMANCE ROD & CUSTOM who custom make radiators for this set up, so it will be like the original, fit in the original space but billet looking, with an electric fan setup and shroud. My friends swear by these guys, they sometimes have a hard time getting their rods hot enough!. The radiator is 475(with built in transmission cooler) 100 for the shroud, and 150 for the fan setup. So I figure, as the hotrod progresses and funds free up I'll convert over. But in the meantime the old wide radiator works, and fits between the grill and old fan frame.